The love you feel for your child is like no other. A commissioned portrait that is exclusive to your family is a treasured way to capture that bond.
My art style is called "Gesture drawing" which is very loose and figurative. I want the art to feel like a combination of motion and memory. I emphasize intimacy and connection.
Commissions are black and white drawings. I use graphite and/or ink. I draw on textured paper which adds more character to the piece. My signature will be on the art.
What is the process?
- Let me know you are interested in a commission.
- I will share the step-by-step process I follow to create commissioned art.
- Email me the photograph(s) you would like me to use as reference for the art. Send a few and I'll help you choose.
- Send me examples of art from my Instagram that you love so I know what you are drawn to.
- I will give you a date that I can start. Payment will be due in full before I begin.
Choosing a photo
I’m here to help! I made a Pinterest folder of photos that would work well in my loose, gestural drawing style.
How long does it take?
Allow 4 weeks from start date, plus shipping time.
How is art shipped?
Carefully and safely via UPS. Shipping is an additional line on your final invoice. I will include a tracking number and insurance. I have no control over arrival times once it leaves my hands or additional fees that incur with international orders.
What about framing?
I have a professional framer that I work with if you're looking for the best possible protection. I can give you other ideas as well.
I can turn your commission into prints to purchase for family as gifts.