A "First Day of Life" portrait captures a new baby's very first moments of life. Hand drawn and designed by Naava, it is the most unique gift you can give a new family.
This is a guaranteed family heirloom that will be treasured for generations.
How it works:
- When the new parents email you a photo announcing the birth of their baby, send that photo to me. I'll transform that photo into this beautiful portrait commemorating the day of birth.
- I surround the portrait with florals that match the baby's birth flower (I'll help you figure out which flower that is) or green foliage. Feel free to suggest a new idea to match the baby's nursery décor or family heritage. It can be very personal to the family.
- The portrait also includes the baby's first and middle name, and their birthdate.
- I also include a personal note to the family so they know it is from you (see examples). It can say whatever you would like. It will be a personalized 5x7 printed card that also includes the baby's portrait and your names.
- Portraits will arrive FRAMED in WHITE with a MAT and READY TO HANG. Yes, this price INCLUDES the frame. Your whole gift will be taken care of and professionally packaged and shipped directly to the family.
Learn more about the framing process.
My signature will be printed on paper.
You will not receive a digital file.
What is a digital painting or drawing?
This is art created on a digital drawing tablet with professional art tools. I draw the portraits by hand on the screen.
You will be shown a pencil drawing preview of your portrait. At this point you can suggest up to three slight rounds of revisions, if necessary (Sketch 1, Sketch 2, Sketch 3). Once the sketch is approved, no more edits are accepted for the drawing. Then I begin the color. The process repeats: Up to three rounds of slight revisions, if necessary. If more than three revisions rounds are requested of the sketch or painting, an additional drawing fee will be added to support the time extension.
What does "giclee print" mean?
Giclee is French word, pronounced see-clay. It is the most superior of printing techniques. The special pigment-based inks used are archival and bond to the paper, which helps them last for hundreds of years. The ink includes UV inhibitors that prevent the art from fading. They are also delicate, which means the art should be framed safely to ensure longevity.
How is art shipped?
Commissions are shipped flat, framed by hand (if requested), safely packaged and mailed directly from my professional printer. You will receive a tracking number. US shipping times are generally 2-3 weeks from order date, or 3-4 weeks if framing. I have no control over arrival times once it ships out or additional fees that incur. International orders may incur more shipping fees for you and extended travel time over which I have no control.
Internet privacy is very important to me. If you would like a portrait drawn from a photo that is private, I will keep it that way. I am extremely grateful to the families who trust me with their most intimate imagery. I have every family sign a permission slip that specifically gives you the opportunity to state your internet boundaries. I only share commissioned art with the public IF I have been given specific approval from the families.
Full Copyright remains with the artist. No reproductions or business usage allowed.