I love to capture the special bond between a mother and child. My style is called "Gesture drawing" which is very loose and figurative. I want the art to feel like a combination of motion and memory. I emphasize intimacy and connection.
Commissions are black and white drawings. I use graphite and/or ink. I draw on textured paper which adds more character to the piece.
What is the process?
- Contact me and let me know you are interested in a commission and to see if I have an opening.
- I will share the step-by-step process I follow to create commissioned art.
- Email me the photograph(s) you would like me to use as reference for the art. If you aren't sure, send me a few and I'll give you my feedback.
- It's helpful if you share examples of drawings I've already done that you love so I know what you're drawn to in my work.
- I will give you a date that I can start and I ask that you pay 50% down via private invoice. The second half will be due when it is ready to be mailed out.
Choosing a photo
This can be challenging but I’m here to help! I made a Pinterest folder of photos that would work well in my loose, gestural drawing style.
The gist of it is that the photo showcases a connection between the mother and child. For example:
See the drop-down menu above to determine pricing. I will set up a private invoice for you that includes the art, shipping and any extras.
How long does it take?
Allow 4 weeks from start date, plus shipping time.
How is art shipped?
Carefully and safely via UPS. Shipping is an additional line on your final invoice. I will include a tracking number and insurance. I have no control over arrival times once it leaves my hands or additional fees that incur with international orders.
What about framing?
If you would like to have your art professionally framed, I can help. I work with a wonderful, local professional framer and I oversee everything in person. This would be an additional cost on your invoice. The cost starts at $200 for an 11x14 frame and matte in glass. Prices increase from there depending on size, etc.
Contact me with any questions.
My signature will be on the art.
Let me know if you'd like to turn your commission into prints to purchase for your extended family.